Friday, July 4, 2008

When I rode bikes, I always noticed certain shortcomings in them - I always wished there were certain things I could do my way,”
That's when i took things into my own hands. I decided to design his own bike. I had a rough idea in my head - so the first thing i did was to put it down on paper. i wasn't too keen on namby-pamby sports machines, what i wanted was a true-blue American chopper. Once the sketch was done, i started working on it.

A year and a lakh of rupees later, this is what he finally got - a 200 kilo, 500 CC demon. Once upon a time, it used to be an Enfield Bullet. Today, you couldn't tell it from a Yankee's Harley. This was my first self-designed chopper. A couple of crazy designs later, the man's beginning to get attention in Delhi and now i had taken designing as my fulltime work
For me, the greatest satisfaction is when people start referring new clients to me. They take my name and say - Rahul - that guy can build a great chopper for you.”

No comments: